Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Red Sox Random Picture Day

Guess what? Liza got Photoshop for Hanukkah! But she made these before, with Gimp, and anyway, she's gonna stop talking in third person now.

So, after the Sox won, I got the (crazy) idea that I would make a 1024x768 (wallpaper size) image for every single guy on the 25-man roster (plus Buchholz and Wake, 'cause) But then I got lazy and it got repetitive and Yahoo sports took down the photos of the baseball players. But here are five, in the order that I made them.













Also, for a bonus, here's a couple more Sox Photoshoppings.

Bobby "One Swing" Kielty*

Clay Buchholz Blue
Clay Buchholz Red**

Beckett Boot Camp?***

FISTPUMP****

2007/8 Rookies*****


If anyone wants me to make them a custom wallpaper or anything else, just leave a comment or email me or something. Although I probably won't get to it until Friday or sometime over vacation--stupid essays!




*Only I would include the Sox, LotR, and Idina Menzel lyrics in the same piece, huh? Lyrics are "This is the moment/I stand here on my own/This is my right of passage/That somehow leads me home", from her new song Brave. Done in Gimp like a week into November.

**These were/are a commission from SoxxGirl. :)

***After TG from Center Field (arguably the best Red Sox blog out there, check 'er out!) said she just knew that Beckett was imagining those horns strapped to Clay's head and I had a free couple hours on a Friday, so ta-daa. Done in Gimp as well, and don't mind Beckett's foot and butt--I had to make those from scratch. >.> And Gimp doesn't have a very good clone tool.

****An I Can Has Cheezburger?-esque interpretation of the infamous fistpump.

*****I was going to make a blog called "Rookie Nation" and it was going to be about rookies, because they are just awesome as a species, except then I realized that every year's rookies change a lot (and there will never, ever be another Jacoby Ellsbury), and also that Blogger's custom layouts are really, really hard to code.