Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Softball?

I still haven't been on. Ugh. I've mostly just been obsessing in my own little one-track mind about Jacoby and how awesome it would be if I met someone exactly like him but, uh, 10 years younger... anyway. Heh.

But here's a number for ya: 8. That is, the number of days in Hanukkah. And the eighth (final) night was tonight--I got a softball and a softball mitt. Actually, it looks exactly like a baseball mitt, so I'm not sure if there's even any difference. But they're for me to use when I start playing softball in the spring! I never wanted to try softball until about a month ago, when I decided I'd love to.

So I got a glove about an hour ago, and it's awesome. I've already started chewing on the leather, Clay-style.



I also got a softball. It really is a lot bigger than a baseball, and also a lot yellower. It has raised--red--seams, so I really want to try and throw it overhand a bit and try out a knuckleball. (Good luck to me, right? Heh.) I'd also like to learn to pitch softball, seeing as how my reflexes are terrible (so I'd be a bad infielder) and I don't like objects flying at me (hence why I quit soccer, and also why I'd be a bad infielder or catcher), so I'd just figured I'd be an outfielder... but I guess a pitcher would be cool, too! I also have a certain thing for outfielders and pitchers... as you may have noticed by the amount of Jacobys, Mannys, Mosses (not Randy, Brandon), Clays, Lesters, and Paps in my obsessions.

So yeah. I'm generally not into softball... but I'll do anything to have a link to baseball right now. I'm so pathetically un-baseball-supplemented that I've taken re-watching (again and again) videos of games throughout the season. The offseason isn't as great, since the only Sox news now is whether Lester or Jacoby will leave for Santana (out of the two, I'd prefer the Lester/Coco package, but I'm just biased), or if we'll even get Santana again. I'll worry myself to death if I spend too much time looking at that stuff.

So. Happy Hanukkah and merry pre-Christmas?