Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sometimes Crazy's All Right

My friend Maddie and I love looking for "baseball songs"--that is, songs that we can relate to baseball. After seeing Dirt Dogs do this (you have to scroll down a bit, past the second big picture), I've decided to make my own version.


"Crazy Girls" (Bethany Joy Lenz) describes Maddie and me--and pretty much every other baseball fan--in the offseason.

And now this whole world is going ‘round
But it’s when you’re gone it really brings me down, down



"Extraordinary" (Mandy Moore) reminds me so much of this year's awesome rookies and how they must've felt after winning... especially the parade part with weather that involves fallen leaves. ;D

Waking up to wake up some day
I got my own parade
Stopping off at a sidewalk cafe
The wind is playing up in the trees
Kicking up confetti leaves



"Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)" (Pink) is what I imagine a Yankee fan (coughMADDIEcough) thinks about that annoyance who is the epitome of money-grubbing professional athlete, Alex Rodriguez.

I don't wanna wake up with another
But I don't wanna always wake up with you either
No you can't hop into my shower
All I ask for is one fuckin' hour
You taste so sweet
But I can't eat the same thing every day
Cuttin off the phone
Leave me the fuck alone
Tomorrow I'll be beggin' you to come home



"I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Mulan soundtrack), aside from being a hilarious and awesome song in its own right and being from a hilarious and awesome movie, is just the Sox exactamundo-ly. Or, even, any team that wants to win. The title also sounds like the minors.

We must be swift as the coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire



"Misery Business" (Paramore) is about a girl who steals a guy from another girl, but it's also about how Lowell is here for at least three more years. And not anywhere else.

Whoa, I never meant to brag
But, I got him where I want him now.
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now.
But god does it feel so good,
Cause I got him where I want him now.
And if you could then you know you would.