Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thirty-One Days Ago...

...we were playing in the World Series.

Was it really only that recently?

Anyway.

In honor of this anniversary-of-sorts, as Texas Gal put it, I'm putting up some honorary statistics of the three who I think were most in contention for World Series MVP: Mike Lowell, Jacoby Ellsbury, and David Ortiz (in that order).



























































Player Name

H/AB

2B

HR

RBI

TB

R

BB

SO

OBP

SLG

AVG

Mike Lowell

6/15

3

1

4

12

6

3

1

.500

.800

.400

Jacoby Ellsbury

7/16

4

0

3

11

4

2

2

.500

.688

.438

David Ortiz

5/15

3

0

4

8

4

2

3

.412

.533

.333


Jeez. You have to pick just one for MVP?

Anyway, on another note, I just realized I have another two and a half times what I've already gone through, but with less trade rumors, until pitchers and catchers report. What am I going to do? This is far worse than any other offseason in my memory (granted, this is only the fifth, but that's okay).

I asked various people the what-should-I-do question. The answers I got?


  • "Get a life" -My mom

  • "Get a hobby" -A friend who doesn't care about baseball

  • "Get more pictures of that hot guy" -A friend who doesn't care about baseball but thinks Jacoby is the best player in history



But why would I want a life or hobbies over baseball? (Other than, you know, school. And horseback riding. And homework...)