Monday, November 12, 2007

That's our Dusty P.

Dustin Pedroia was announced the AL Rookie of the Year for the 2007 about an hour ago.

I had been checking the time every five minutes or so since 1, but when I saw it was 1:59, I picked up my laptop and raced down the stairs and put on ESPN, but they were talking about football. I opened tabs on mlb.com, redsox.com, and boston.com and refreshed each constantly. Then all of a sudden, a refreshed mlb.com had a headline announcing the NL Rookie of the Year (I wanted Tulowitzki to win, but congratulations to Braun), and I squeaked--then actually screamed when I saw "PEDROIA AL ROY" smaller at the bottom.

I love that little guy.

In other news, the Sox have nine hours before their exclusive negotiating rights with Lowell and Timlin end. We know the Sox have given Mikey L a three-year, $12-15 million option. No news on Mikey Tim. The infamous Gagne is expected to want to go back to closer next year, as his catasrophic appearances as set-up man with the Sox explain. Since we've got our Paps and he'll be here for several more years at least, he's expected to depart. Good riddance, that's all I have to say.